It is with mixed feelings that I announce the closing of Wine Kitz Ottawa as of January 31, 2020.
Many of you know that I’ve been considering retirement and had been thinking about closing Wine Kitz Ottawa this coming spring. The date has simply moved up.
SO, HERE IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO KNOW:
1) Effective immediately we are taking no further orders for wines to be made in store.
2) Between now and mid-January we will be selling all in-store wine kits, gift ware, wine making equipment and additives at 40% off. (And, yes, if you have an unredeemed Bottomless Rewards Certificate you can use that towards any of the remaining merchandise.)
3) Between now and mid-January we’ll be diligently processing and monitoring the several hundred wines currently in store, to ensure they are ready for you to bottle before we close.
4) If you have a wine in store but have not yet scheduled a bottling appointment, please phone the store (613-828-8845) as soon as possible to book a date and time. (Because the bottling schedule will be tight, appointments will not be made by email.)
5) During the month of January there will be no evening or Sunday appointments. If you already have a scheduled appointment for an evening or Sunday in January, we’ll be in touch with you to rebook.
6) It is our aim to have all wines out the door by January 24.
7) If you purchase an on-sale wine kit from us, we recommend that you take it for processing to our colleagues at one of the following on-premise wine making stores:
8) If you’ve reserved one of the 2020 Passport Series wines, please call or email either Wine Kitz Orleans or Wine Station and let them know you had previously reserved with us. They will ensure you are added to their reservation list.
9) If there are questions I’ve not answered here, please drop me an email.
It has been an absolute pleasure for me to get to know the hundreds of customers who have trusted Wine Kitz Ottawa to make their wines over the past 15 years. We have shared your stories, your joys, your sorrows. So many of you have become good friends. Every one of you has become family.
I cannot thank you enough for your trust, your support, and your friendship over the years. It has been a true joy helping you make great wine.
Till we meet again….
Sommelier & Owner