Sommelier and wine connoisseur Wendy Smyth loves tasting and commenting on the wonderful wines you can make at Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris.
Wendy travels extensively, tasting and studying wines throughout North America and Europe. Because she’s a Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris customer herself, Wendy is in a unique position to compare the wines you make with us to the hundreds of commercial wines she tastes every year.
As she works her way through the many wine collections available at Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris, Wendy’s tasting notes will appear here. So check back often for updates and new reviews.
- Amarone style (September 2015)
- Chilean Carménère (July 2015)
- Old Vines Zinfandel (June 2015)
- Rosso Fortissimo Super Tuscan (July 2015)
- Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot (November 2015)
- Yakima Valley Merlot (July 2015)
- Italian Nebbiolo (October 2016)
- Black Currant Port Style Dessert Wine (May 2016)
- Argentine Malbec (August 2015)
- Italian Pinot Grigio (August 2015)
- Italian Valpolicella (September 2015)
- Australian Cabernet Sauvignon (December 2015)
- Italian Verdicchio (September 2016)
Limited Release Wines
- Carménère (Wine Cellar Sommelier Reserve 2014) (July 2015)
- Volcanic Red (Passport Series 2015) (September 2016)
Wine Kitz has been satisfying customers
for over 55 years.