PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
(In accordance with the Ontario Accessibility Standard for Customer Service, Regulation 429/07)
Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris supports the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity.
Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris will ensure that our team members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Support persons accompanying a person with a disability are also welcome to our retail premises.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris will notify customers promptly through a clearly posted notice that will explain the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length, and information on alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed on the front door of the retail location.
Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris will provide training to all employees and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf at our retail location. Training will be provided to staff promptly upon hire.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
• Familiarization with the Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris Accessible Customer Service Plan.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when any changes are made to our Accessible Customer Service Plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris provides goods and services to people with disabilities can telephone, write or email to the contact information contained here. All feedback will be directed to Owner Linda LeGroulx. Under normal circumstances, customers can expect to hear back within five (5) days.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Any policy of Wine Kitz Ottawa Iris that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.