Retail Wine Associate
Starting Salary: $14.00 per hour
Wine Kitz, a division of Andrew Peller Ltd., has led the consumer wine making industry for over 60 years. Linda LeGroulx, Sommelier and Owner of Wine Kitz Ottawa, works with an amazing team of wine lovers who pride themselves on offering exceptional customer service, and on providing top quality wines to an ever growing community of discriminating wine drinkers.
We are currently looking for a summer addition to our high functioning team who has the flexibility to work day, evening, and weekend shifts as required for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
The duties of our staff include:
- Working with customers to understand their preferences, to provide product knowledge, to assist them in selecting and starting appropriate wines, to facilitate the bottling process for them, and to ensure their experiences with us are always pleasant and enjoyable.
- Washing, sterilizing, and maintaining wine making facilities and equipment.
- Cleaning and maintaining retail sales and winery areas.
- Receiving shipments, stocking and restocking retail sales area (including packaging and labeling product).
- Assisting with the making, processing and filtering of wines.
We’d be interested in hearing from you, if:
- You are a mature individual with a genuine interest in wine and the wine making process;
- You thrive in a busy, high activity environment;
- You are comfortable with computers, use social media, and have experience with POS software and Microsoft Office;
- You enjoy building relationships, and you share our values;
- You are well groomed, articulate, and able to present yourself professionally to the public;
- You have the stamina and strength to handle the physical demands of the job;
- You are enthusiastic and upbeat;
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team setting;
- You are self-motivated, reliable, industrious, and work to high standards.
This is an ideal position for a post-secondary student, veteran or retiree looking to join a dynamic team.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send a full resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.